December 06, 2010

Wannabe DIY Bride.

Most people would not think that ambition is a bad thing - but let me tell you that it can be.  I am always overly ambitious in most tasks I take on.  Why would planning our wedding be any different?  I have a list of DIY projects that I need to pull together in just under three months.  Under three months - jeez we are getting married in less than three months.  OMG!! Anyhow back to the point - being ambitious and also a procrastinator is simply a recipe for disaster.  Planning a destination wedding was supposed to be a piece of cake (and trust me it's pretty easy) but I have found a way to make it stressful and a lot more work then it needs to be. The more the pressure is on - the less I want to do it.  I am positive I will busting out stuff moments before boarding the plane.  Why Emily - why must you do this to yourself?  But at least all of you will be so excited to see (and receive) all the lovely goodies I have (or will have) prepared for you.  Perhaps when I start these outstanding projects I will post some pictures? Until then - you'll just have to sit and wait in suspense.  You are so curious right now, aren't you?

Seriously though - next time I see something I like and then say "Oh, I can make that" just stop me - let me buy it - because let's get real I don't have time to work full-time, do part-time courses and plan a wedding.  But alas, I will find the time to get it down.

2 comments:

Randalin @ Harvesting Kale said...

Let's plan a day and make DIY wedding stuff. Seriously. DREAM DAY!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

I can help you............