November 28, 2010

the dress

Alright - I was warned by many past brides-to-be to start looking for my dress early.  Of course I didn't listen.  Why on earth would I shop for a dress 6 months before the wedding?  I am a planner - but honestly I am not that planned.  So I decided to venture out 3 months to the day in search for a wedding dress. 

On Saturday I met up with my beautiful and hilarious friend Gilly (more formally known as Jennifer Gilson).  Gilly is a great friend and I would have not been able to tackle what I did on Saturday without her.  I went out with all intentions and a common statement from all brides-to-be "I am just looking today - I am not buying".  Well - one stop, five dresses, and an hour and a half later I am now the proud bride of the most beautiful wedding dress ever all within in budget - and if I can drop a few inches I won't even require alterations it fits that perfectly.  Want to see it?  Well you'll have to wait until March 3, 2011.

If you know me - a major purchase like this is totally out of character.  I like to think, analyze, compare, contemplate, discuss before I buy anything.  So I am quite impressed with myself - OK I should be giving Gilly all the credit.  I would have never got through it without her. Thanks Jen!! 

Now on with the other not so major (but just as important) details.  Like Steve's attire - this should be fun!

2 comments:

Randalin said...

The fact that you did this without a spreadsheet is totally amazing. I can't wait to see the dress!! Seriously. I'm dying.

Adam and Jen said...

Awwww... Thanks for such nice comments Emily! It was tons of fun shopping with you and unbelievably easy. When you walked out with that dress on, I could't help but smile and think how absolutely gorgeous you looked! It is an amazing dress and I'm sure Steve will love it too.