January 17, 2011

The Shoes

Originally I selected a pair of shoes to wear for our pictures that I had no business wearing.  They were blue and suede.  Yes my friends - they were blue suede shoes.  They had a five inch heel and a 1.25 inch platform.  I am already 5 feet 6 inches tall - Steve is only 5 feet 9 inches (though he claims to be taller) this would have brought me to a height that I wouldn't feel comfortable at. Last week I got an e-mail confirmation that my online order got messed up and was automatically cancelled.  In hindsight this was a blessing.  I don't think I would have had enough time to practice walking in them and I doubt our neighbours below would enjoy me breaking them in while doing housework. So I set out this weekend on a mission to find another pair.  And I did and since their system was down - I got $15.00 off the original price - BOOYAH!  And another item to check off my list.  What a relief because I was really feeling the pressure since I was ever so politely requested by the seamstress that I really needed to have my shoes for the re-fit next week.  She even wrote it in block letters on the appointment card - how embarrassing.  But the shoes I found are lovely.  They are in a soft grey. They are satin.  They have some frills/ruffles - because I am a fan of both frills and ruffles.  And they have a little bling to make them all fancy.  They are an appropriate height - so hopefully I won't fall over (but that's not guaranteed because you never know where your heel is going to get stuck).

And just because I tease you enough - I thought I would provide you all with a sneak peek.  Enjoy.


3 comments:

Randalin @ Harvesting Kale said...

*swoon* I love them.

Unknown said...

I LOVE them too, Em. They are the perfect choice!!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

I love frills and ruffles too! Perfect choice!