January 14, 2011

Moments

One of life's finest moments
To be honest - I wish I never put that damn ticker on this wed-blog!  Each day I see the days getting lower and lower I think of all the things I have to do.  If you ask Steve - he'll say we don't have that much to do at all.  Did you know we haven't even bought our wedding bands? And that Steve still doesn't have clothes?  Seriously - doesn't he know who he is marrying?!  I am just slightly freaking out.  If you see him - tell him to get on it OK?  But since winter decided to show up this year - I am equally counting down the days until we leave and trying to drag them out.  It's pictures like above that remind me to SLOW DOWN and take it all in and just enjoy the moments.  OK Steve reminded me of this - but he's on to something.  He's so wise like an old barn owl. 

But, I did get something accomplished this week - something fabulous.  I got got to try my dress on again.  It's just as beautiful as I remember. Steve's mom, sister, and niece came with me.  It was nice to have them there and I am so happy they all came. These are the moments he must be talking about.  Anyhow back to the fitting - well the dress is perfect all except it's a bit tight in the hips.  Come on people I can't help that my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.  Well - I could probably do something about it but seriously beer and food are the only things keeping me grounded these days. Anyhow - there is enough room to let it out a bit (let's hope).  I am scheduled for a re-fit on Jan. 25.  Let's hope that goes over well. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Randalin @ Harvesting Kale said...

I asked Kris last night what he needed for Cuba and he told me he has everything. I asked him what he was going to wear to the wedding, "uh, I don't know..." Dudes have it so easy because they KNOW we'll plan it all for them. Thus, it's much easier for them to enjoy the moments.

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

You look beautiful in your dress. I am so happy we were there!!!!!

Adam and Jen said...

Steve is wise like an old barn owl. Can't wait!