January 27, 2011

The Best Man or The Maid of Honour?

Is it embarrassing to admit that your best friend is a cat? Well if so then consider this post embarrassing.  Steve and I have a cat.  And we both love him immensely.


Even if that love is sometimes forced. His name is Basil.  But we call him Donkey. He's a good listener.  A good TV watching couch snuggling partner. Most of you who have met him probably think he's a jerk.  It's true - he is a jerk.  Last thanksgiving he bit Steve's hand hard enough that a trip to the Dr. for antibiotics was necessary.  But if we were to have a wedding party - there would definitely be an argument as to whether Basil would be the best man or the maid of honour. But I somehow doubt that Basil is interested in taking a flight to Cuba.  Plus he doesn't have a job and couldn't afford it - what a freeloader.  Luckily he's cute.

3 comments:

Krysten said...

I wish Basil was coming with us!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Basil was just a little guy, living the life in a high rise apartment. I think Oliver may have him beat in the 'jerk' department and I know for sure that in a contest Ollie could definitely out-yell Basil. But, for some reason I think these two might actually get along with each other, although Ollie hates everybody. I think it's something about these guys having the most spoiled, cushy living conditions yet still having a grand time being totally miserable.

Randalin @ Harvesting Kale said...

I also wish Basil was coming. Kale loves to chase cats.